Johan works to a large extent on tax and excise duty matters of both a national and international nature and has in recent years had a number of extensive cases with voluntary correction of previously unreported assets and income. In addition, he works a great deal on legal issues related to construction, purchase, sale and leasing of real estate – both residential and commercial property – for Norwegian and foreign clients. Johan also has extensive experience and expertise in a number of other areas of the law, such as contract law, corporate law and employment law, and has assisted in a number of complicated transactions.
Johan also has a number of board appointments at companies in the widest range of industries.
- Partner, The Law Firm of Seland Orwall DA (2016-)
- Partner, The Law Firm of Seland DA (1993-2016)
- Private Practice in shared office (1988-1993)
- Advokatfirmaet Krefting, Løchen Ødegård & Sandven (now: Thommessen) (1984-1988)
- Bærum Tax Assessment Office (1981-1984)
- A number of board appointments
- Candidate of Law, University of Oslo (1980)